Skip to main content

Slot Demo busts again a short while later, and buys $20 of my chips (ha!).

Of course, he re-buys, this time from my stack (again). He wins a pot, loses a pot, and plays pretty much every flop. With about $18 in chips he comes into the following hand (my stack was well in excess of $50 at this point, with $20 behind in the wallet). I look down in EP and find the black KK, and quickly make it 4x the BB to go. A few folds, raise from Slot Demo to 6x, I call, and we're heads up to the flop, which is Q36 rainbow. I bet $3, and he moves all in. I don't have a clue what he's thinking, but AA and QQ are a longshot possibility given his play pre-flop. I banter about AA and QQ, basically advertising to the world that I have KK. I push my stack in for a re-raise, and he calls. I was worried about AQ at least when he did this... only to find that he has A4o. Nice. Turn is a 7, and I notice he has a gutshot plus the ace draw for 7 outs. Of course, the river brings a 5 to give him the runner-runner straight. I pay him off and actually feel ok about it, knowing that if the game keeps going, I'd have a crack at getting those chips back.

A few hands go by, and we drop down to 4 handed, with one player busting. Bust guy moves in on a 995x board with KK, and JJ calls. River brings a J, and the place erupts momentarily. Gambooler wins a fortunate two pair vs. higher two pair hand, giving him a healthy stack of $40 or so, and we get to the final hand of the night. This was announced as the final hand before it was dealt, and I was going to see the flop for just about any prize, particularly since the hand before I had folded 74o pre-flop for $1, only to see 568 come down. The implied odds on most hands were huge given the game texture, etc.

Final hand, I get QcJd UTG, and call. One extra bet around, and all 4 see the flop, which is 5c9cAc. I call a modest bet from Gambooler, as does the host. Turn is the 2 of something, and I call another smallish bet looking to make my flush or hit a Q or J. I do not give Gambooler credit for the Ace. Heads up at the river, the Tc comes down. I got what I asked for, and amazingly enough, Gambooler starts counting off a bet, at first $3, then $5, then $9, and I say "just tell me what it is when you figure it out," he asks how much we can do, and I say "we're about equal, so you can move all in if you want." He complies, and I'm left with a binary decision: does he have the Kc? Its the only card in the deck that can beat me. I conclude that I got what I wanted, and I'd be a fool not to push/call (stacks were close to even, but it wasn't clear who was bigger), so I did.

He announces "I've got the flush," and rolls the JcTh. I erupt with joy, and let out a loud "YES" with fist pump that was a bit inappropriate for an apartment complex at 1:30AM. Turn over my QcJd, and those left in the room go nuts. Gambooler is gracious in defeat, and says it was fun playing with us -- out probably $100 or so, $60+ of which went to me. Had I lost that pot, my evening would have been slightly in the red, rather than seriously in the black. So consider this post my "Ode to the Queen of Clubs."

I ended up with $40 in cash (people buying my chips), and $66 in chips for a total of $106, or a $76 profit. Not bad for 5 and 1/2 hours of poker. It was an AMAZING feeling to finish the night on a big all-in victory. After reading HDouble's soul-searching post about running bad despite solid play, I couldn't help but think that its these moments -- the ones I'm experiencing right now -- that make it all worthwhile. I know I'm a better poker player than I was a few months (weeks!) ago, and I'm doing my best to store these memories away in the hope that they might save me when inevitably the reaper that is variance comes my way for a while.

Add to the mix my satellite success yesterday, and my confidence/enjoyment associated with poker is going through the roof. I only hope I can sustain the good side of this equation while avoiding the hubris and fall that come with unrealistic expectations and notions of invincibility.

VA home game: 2 nights, +$156, or 78BB's per visit. If I can maintain even 50% of this rate in the future, I'll be on cloud nine.

Content and reports on fellow bloggers later in the week. Its way past my bedtime.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

123Movies is a great alternate for Online 123movies Lovers

For additional information concerning this website, leave your remark listed below in the comment box. You can additionally follow us on the social media sites platform for more updates.123 Movies or 123movieshub was a system of documents streaming websites functioning from Vietnam, which allowed customers to watch films for free. The 123movies4u network is still energetic via duplicate websites. 123Movies is a great alternate for Online Movie Lovers, It offers ideal as well as latest on the internet motion pictures, TV collection, episodes, as well as anime and so on. It has a good support group we can request and also ask to upload your newest preferred motion pictures, TV programs and so on. Here we can provide a rating after viewing the film. The on the internet streaming is superb to enjoy movies complimentary online. 123movies has Great filter tabs on the web page we can select and view Featured, Most Viewed, Most Favorite, Top Rating, Top IMDb flicks online. Here we ca

Top Tips on Buying a Trampoline

Acquiring a garden trampoline? Adhere to these top 10 trampoline acquiring suggestions and you will certainly find the right trampoline for you and your kids that will give years of fun. If I acquire a trampoline, will it obtain utilized or neglected? We discover all moms and dads marvel once they have acquired a trampoline just how much use it obtains and also we listen to time after time them stating." The trampoline was the best point we have ever before purchased for our kids - they get on it daily". These are the remarks after just a week and additionally after several years. Should I buy a round or rectangle-shaped trampoline? Round trampolines are most usual for use in the garden as they are much less effective than the rectangle-shaped trampolines which are made use of by knowledgeable gymnasts. The round trampolines normally route the jumper to the center of the trampoline floor covering so making them much safer. For many youngsters it would be also harm

An Extensive Manual to Get one of the most Relaxed Mattress Online

Performed you perceive that the most punctual ever before copied sleeping pad is really approximated to be really 77,000 years obsolete? Beds have entirely been really used for 1000s of years in an assortment of sorts and furthermore shapes. The expression 'sleeping cushion' is really obtained originating from the Arabic unknown dialect which proposes to 'hurl one thing down.' The sorts of pads you may situate on the web. There are really various sorts just as sorts of pads to find accessible. Understanding the specs of an assortment of sleeping pad styles will help you decide on what works with your optimal. The following is really a drill-down of the best sorts. Alongside extra rolls, the vastly improved the high caliber of the bedding. Having referenced this, it is in reality still the most well-enjoyed sort of bedding to various. Innerspring pads are in reality a portion of the most spending plan inviting here; and furthermore this is really one of the